TESTING NEW INSULATION MATERIALS IN BOLOGNA
Partner in charge: Bologna (IT)
Partners involved: Quedlinburg (DE), CETA (IT), CERE (AU)
• Testing new, innovative building materials, appliances and feasible alternatives in order to improve EE in historic buildings.
• Shaping attitude of decision-makers to favour the use of innovative materials for protected buildings.
• Contributing to the Transnational Feasibility Study and the Transnational Strategic Toolkit with transferable good practices
• Provide estimations on the costs of energy retrofitting measures related to historic buildings.
• Identifying possible interventions and the related cost calculations to support planning process and action plans of local governments regarding energy retrofitting measures.
Timeline: Oct 2011 – June 2013
Budget: 69 000 EUR
Description: The objective of this pilot investment is to apply innovative building materials, appliances, especially innovative high energy performance windows and new fixtures on the walls, ceiling and roofs of historic public buildings. The pilot is conducted on the historic building of the Municipality of Bologna, so called „Sala degli stemmi”, a wing of Palazzo d’Accursio which has suffered from serious weather conditions. The site hosts frescoed ceilings, walls and antique window-frames which have faced strong degradation due to rain water infiltration. The measures identified by the pre-feasibility study are:
• Replacement of roofs waterproof insulation and proper ventilation
• Installing thermo-conditioned insulated windows and frames with sun protected glass panels for conservation purposes
|< Prev||Next >|