Training and coaching - Improving competences of local decision makers
• Strengthen the sense of responsibility of the public sector by improving competences of local decision-makers
• Promote the adoption of sustainable, EE-committed measures, Sensitize the public and raise their awareness on EE and RES issues
Partners in charge: District of Burgenlandkreis (Germany)
Partners involved: Quedlinburg (DE), Hódmezővásárhely (HU), Prague (CZ), CETA/Bologna (IT), CERE (AU)
Description: Cross-sectoral policy making is strongly linked to improved decision-making and planning competences of policy-makers, which should include EE considerations. The pilot conducted in each partner region consisted of training and coaching decision-makers of municipal institutions on EE management, as a key aspect of good governance. Three target groups took part in the workshops: facility managers, administrative staff and decision-makers. For the workshops a set of relevant materials (good practices, adapted local materials and general supportive information) was provided.
Timeline: March 2012 – May 2013
Budget: 116 256 EUR
Project partners were provided with comprehensive training material for the implementation of the training targeted to facility managers, staff of administration and decision-makers.
TESTING ALMOST INVISIBLE PHOTOVOLTAIC PANELS
Partners in charge: Quedlinburg (DE)
Partners involved: Bologna (Italy), CETA (Italy), CERE (Austria)
• Allow for the development and installation of RES materials in historic sites adaptable to different surfaces on a transnational level
• Elaborate know-how regarding EE and RES measures adaptable to historic buildings.
Description: The investment consists of the installation of specific photovoltaic panels on the roof of classified historic buildings protected by the UNESCO World Heritage. The Municipality of Quedlinburg has been testing new types of photovoltaic panels matching the colour theme of the surrounding rooftops with lower degree of reflection, leaving the site in undisturbed conditions with regard to the conservation rules.
Timeline: Oct 2011 – Nov 2012
Planned budget: 71 000 Eur
Both pilots in Bologna and in Quedlinburg, have highlighted difficulties in dealing with the protection of cultural and historical values and a need to improve EE measures to reduce current and future expenditures related to energy consumption.
TESTING NEW INSULATION MATERIALS IN BOLOGNA
Partner in charge: Bologna (IT)
Partners involved: Quedlinburg (DE), CETA (IT), CERE (AU)
• Testing new, innovative building materials, appliances and feasible alternatives in order to improve EE in historic buildings.
• Shaping attitude of decision-makers to favour the use of innovative materials for protected buildings.
• Contributing to the Transnational Feasibility Study and the Transnational Strategic Toolkit with transferable good practices
• Provide estimations on the costs of energy retrofitting measures related to historic buildings.
• Identifying possible interventions and the related cost calculations to support planning process and action plans of local governments regarding energy retrofitting measures.
Timeline: Oct 2011 – June 2013
Budget: 69 000 EUR
- Pilot Activities & Evaluations: energy monitoring system
- Guidelines for the incorporation of energy awareness into policies of municipal institutions
- The Transnational Feasibility Study
- Policy recommendations to improve energy efficiency of public buildings
- Energy Efficient buildings: even more important in times of economical crisis?
- Knowledge Transmission & Handful Toolkit Serves Good Governance and Green Energy-based Future
- I lighten less - I enjoy and learn more!
- Annual Conference of the Danube Strategy
- CETA 2nd Energy Days focuses on schools
- GovernEE brings historic buildings’ EE constrains to the debate at URBACT Annual conference
- Italian Housing Fair Hosts GovernEE
- CETA shares public buildings' energy management concerns with Udine Focus Group
- GovernEE Turns Up the Heat on Successful Energy Management
- Construction sector should seize excellent opportunities of low energy buildings
- 1st Energy Day in the District Burgenlandkreis